Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Shooting The Breeze - An Introduction


For more than thirty years, almost my entire adult life, I've been a photographer, documenting what crossed my path. Or, perhaps more often, I altered mine upon observing something that attracted my attention.

As a child, I flew kites and was amazed that the wind could lift an object into the air. (Perhaps my first interest in flight, but that's a story for later.) Later, before I was a teenager, I learned to sail. It has been one of those skills that I have carried through life, it taking me on a far-ranging journey over the last few decades.

In my later teens I became aware of fragility of our environment and saw that the resources of Planet Earth were finite. It was some time after that when I put these facets together, hoping that what I saw and recorded could make a difference in the quality of our lives.

That I could make a career out of wind and water and light has been a bonus.

No comments: